A family is a group of individuals who possess a legal or genetic bond. Members of the immediate family may include parents, spouses, brothers, sisters, grandfather, sons and daughters whereas in extended family included members are aunts, uncles’ cousins, nephew and nieces. Sometimes these are also considered the members of immediate family, depending on individuals’ relationship.
Types of family is as following –
- Legal Bond Family– Families that are bound through legally based on marriage, adoptions including the rights, duties of legal contracts. Legal bonds can be varied as per the composition of a family.
- Blood Bond Family- Individuals who are directly related through the blood of an ancestor are called the blood bond family.
- Nuclear Family– A nuclear family includes the parents along with their children living in the same residence.
- Joint Extended Family– Joint extended family includes all relatives such as grandparents, aunts, uncles and cuisines. Such relatives live together and share their day to day activities.
- Complex Family– A family having three or more adults along with their children. Such type of family usually formed through divorce and remarriage.
- Single Parent Family- A family includes one parents and their children. Such family could be the result of divorce and the death of one parents.
- Adopted Family- This type of family shares only legal bonds not any genetic relation. If there are two parents where one parents are the real (blood) parents of a child and other parents adopt their child of the other parents such family are called adopted family.
- Childless Family– A family where the couple has no children. Such family due to medical reasons of the parents there is no children. Some childless families pets are include as a family members.
- Tradition Family– This is a very common family I India where the father working outside the home to support financially whereas the mother remains at home and perform her domestic duties along with taking care of her children. Such type of family is very common in modern society.
Family and Domestic Violence
Violence that happens within the family is called domestic violence. It may be due to the difference by culture or understanding. It may be defined differently in legal, political social or medical contexts. The definition of “Domestic Violence” may be varied as per the situation in which it is used.
Domestic Violence shall mean all acts of physical, sexual, psychological or economic violence that occur within the family of domestic unit or between former or current spouses or partners whether or not the perpetrator shares or has shared the same residence with the victim
There is a broader definition of a family violence often used to include abuses and other violent acts between family members. It includes parental abuse of children (child abuse), parental abuse by children, elder abuse, forced and child marriage.
Any types of violence as stated above offers the legal action. We have an experience team having years of experience dealing in such controversies.