Though changing name is a long time taking procedure, if you are aware of the basic steps that you have to follow then it may not be a troublesome process. Lack of awareness you have to go through a long travelling to the different offices.
If you want to change your identity, you have to go through the following steps: –
Step – 1
First of all an affidavit will be prepared by a Notary and it will duly signed and attested by a first-class magistrate of your area. You must have a valid reason why you want to change your name.
You need a lawyer for drafting the letter as per you reason of change your name because they are aware of the legalities and formalities involved.
In front of at least two witnesses on a blank paper you have to write down your personal details like your old name, your new name, your father’s name, your permanent address along with the name of your employer. Then your sign on the paper in presence of two or more witnesses these witnesses will also be signed. This original copy must be kept by you carefully and only photocopies will be used wherever it need.
You need a lawyer here to guide your complete this formalities as require as per the rule of the government.
This is an important step to publish a statement in your local newspaper declaring that you are changing your name under a slandered format. An original advertisement must be kept with you for your future reference.
You need a lawyer for drafting the publication letter as per the government norms.
Step – 4
After publishing your name by your local newspaper it needs to be sent certain documents to the “Controller of Publication of your State” along with following documents – (a) original advertisement publish in the local newspaper (b) original declaration statement (c) attested affidavit and (d) 2 passport size color photographs. All these documents should be sent through either by hand or by a registered post.
A lawyer will be helpful to follow the above complete formalities.
When your statement of changing your name will be published by the official gazette from the state, this gazette copy will act as a proof of your new identity in the future when you will need it. This will be the certificate of your changed name.
All above process are mandatory for changing your name. You need a legal counselor who make these process easier for you which will be legally acceptable everywhere your need. We have successfully resolved several cases of our clients. If you sure to change your name, we are promising to resolve it effectively.
- Advertisement in the newspaper (original and photocopy of advertisement appearing in the newspaper)
- Affidavit for Name Change
- Prescribed proforma for change of name. The proforma should be signed by two witnesses and the following witness details are required:
- Full Name
- Mobile/ Phone No.
- A Compact Disc (CD) that contains soft copy of the Proforma without witness details. In place of the signature, applicant’s old name is to be stated
- A certificate stating that details of the CD and Hard copy are similar
- Two self-attested passport size photos
- Photocopy of identity proof of the Applicant (photocopy of any one of the following documents will suffice: Aadhar card, passport, voter ID card, PAN card, driving license)
- Cover Letter
- Demand Draft for payment of fees
Request a Callback
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.