Birth Certificate is a very first and foremost fundamental record for any child. It is the record issued by the authorized body which proof the birth of a child. Nothing can be availed legally as a citizen of the country without proofing your first identity that is your “Birth Certificate”
In India if you are planning a baby then it is very important to know the complete procedure for obtaining the Birth Certificate for your child.
In urban areas birth certificate is issued by the Municipal Corporation / Municipal Council whereas Tehshildar at the Taluka is authorized for issuing Birth Certificate in rural areas. Gram Panchayat office is entitled for issuing Birth Certificate at village level.
Procedure for Applying a Birth Certificate.
These are few following steps for getting Birth Certificate: –
Step-1: Get a Birth Certificate registration form from the registrar office from your Municipal Authority;
Step- 2: In case a child is born in a hospital then the Medical officer in charge will provide the Birth Registration form;
Step- 3: Birth Registration from will be filled within 21 days of birth of the child;
Step- 4: Due to any reason if the Birth Certificate is not registered within 21 days from the date of birth then the Birth Certificate is issued after police verification;
Step- 5 : As the verification of the Birth records like date, time, place of birth, etc. will complete by the registrar, a birth certificate is issued to the applicant;
Step- 6: There is a standard time duration of 7 days after applying to birth certificate. After 7 days you can follow up with relevant authority to obtain the birth certificate.
Step- 7: If you want to avail birth certificate of your child at your residing address, it may be possible by providing a self-address envelop to the municipal or relevant office at the time of submitting filled registration form. If you do so within 7 to 14 working days the Birth Certificate is posted to your respective address.
What are the documents required for Birth Certificate?
Following documents are required for issuing Birth Certificate.
- Birth Certificate of the parents;
- Marriage Certificate of the parents;
- Birth Letter issued by the hospital if baby is born in a hospital;
- Identity proof of the parents for point of verification view.
- Affidavit of one parent/ relative specifying place, date and time of birth of the person
- Proof for date of birth (photocopy of any one of the following – class 10th certificate, school leaving certificate, Aadhar card, voter ID card, PAN card, driving license)
- Identity proof of one Parent (photocopy of any one of the following documents will suffice: Aadhar card, passport, voter ID card, PAN card, driving license)
- Photocopy of identity proof of the Applicant (photocopy of any one of the following documents will suffice: Aadhar card, passport, voter ID card, PAN card, driving license)
- Proof of address where the birth of a child took place (photocopy of any one of the following documents will suffice: house tax receipt, allotment letter, sale deed, hospital record)
- Signed authority letter
Request a Callback
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.